- 31. December 2019
- Posted by: JanusConsulting
When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy
Before, during and after the crisis
A crisis is not a “normal problem” but a surprising event that requires quick decisions. The pressure of time increases, events overlap and overlap, uncertainty grows, decision-makers are exposed to increased stress as the decision-making and negotiation relationships change constantly.
Crisis Management Consulting: Help for self-help
JANUS assists in the conception and establishment of on-site situation-adapted crisis management and crisis communication tools, e.g. in blackmail, defective products or product damage, incidents, criticism from interest groups, personnel problems or media reports on scandals or takeover attempts. Damage limitation and optimization of standards, planning and implementation of active countermeasures and strategies, recovery of agency, information and opinion management.
With regard to the major risks and crises in the international markets (political / armed conflicts, aggressive / illegal forms of competition, industrial espionage, IP theft, cyber attacks, corruption and other white-collar crime), JANUS advises in the following areas:
Integrated care: before, during and after the crisis
Proactive action: We act before the crisis in the environment of the company.
Provision of information in advance of strategic decision-making processes.
Preventive action: We act before the crisis in the company.
Establishment and testing of internal control mechanisms through security analyzes
Reactive action: In the crisis, we act by taking aggressive action to prevent internal and / or external attacks, including the necessary crisis communication.
Future-oriented action: We act after the crisis. Damage limitation and optimization of standards. Development of pro-active measures and preparation of answers.
After all, we also provide operational support in complex and difficult crisis situations. These range from the direct guidance of the company’s own employees to the management of the concrete crisis.
In a corporate emergency:
- Preventive preparation in all aspects of risk and crisis management
- Risks and Crises in all Complex Threat Environments, Including Security and Compliance (General Notes on Dominant Threat Scenarios)
- General assessment of the risk landscape of the customer
- Risk and safety assessment of personnel and infrastructure in high-risk countries and regions
- Special case-related advice, e.g. Fraud, information loss and cyber operations
- Risk consulting to protect the privacy of clients, including family safety
- Development of concepts, guidelines and instructions
- Implement intelligent prevention and crisis management structures, including security and compliance
- Optimization of already established corporate risk and crisis structures
Kidnapping & Ransom Claim
Situations with existential threat, i. with danger for life, limb and freedom, highest discretion, fast and safe assessment, effective solutions, strong negotiation skills and exact knowledge of the culture and mentality of the crime scene.
Here JANUS relies on the long and relevant professional experience of its executive consultants, who have successfully solved this ultimate challenge in competence and personality in numerous cases.
In these cases we literally accompany you from the first to the last minute. Something other than success must not exist in these exceptional situations. That is our self-image and the promise of the human possible to our customers.
In case of a product emergency:
Any incident related to your company’s products carries the risk of material and immaterial damages. JANUS supports you with product crushing, product contamination and product recalls. We:
- Training and support of own crisis teams
- Examination of existing contingency plans
- Development of effective crisis and PR strategies
In case of product extortions, JANUS experts assist the client in the negotiations with the criminal.